• 800g Tempered Milk Chocolate
• 100g Honeycomb Pieces
• 50g Cooked Popcorn
• 800g Milk Chocolate
• 20g Water
• 25g Honey
• 45g Liquid Glucose
• 120g Caster Sugar
• 6g Bicarb Soda
1. Place all of the chocolate into a plastic microwave bowl, do not use a glass bowl as it retains its heat too much and can over heat the chocolate.
2. Melt the chocolate in the microwave on high for 30-second intervals, stirring in between until half of the chocolate has melted and the other half has not.
3. Stir with a rubber spatula without adding anymore heat, until the solid chocolate has melted, this may take a couple of minutes of vigorous stirring.
4. Apply a little heat to get rid of any solid chocolate but do not over heat, 10 seconds here or there will do.
5. The chocolate is now ready to use.
1. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan place the ingredients in the order they appear above except the bicarb.
2. Organise a large tray to be ready that is clean and dry and has baking paper lined with canola spray.
3. Gently bring the contents of the saucepan to the boil, whisk the syrup regularly. Increase the heat and cook the syrup to 154C using a sugar thermometer to check or by eye.
4. Remove from the heat and whisk in the bicarb soda. Be careful, as the mixture will expand furiously.
5. Pour the mix immediately into the lined tray and leave to cool and break into the desired pieces.
1. Pour the chocolate into the tray(s) and tap gently to flatten.
2. Add the popcorn and honeycomb pieces, flick a little more chocolate over the top and again tap to flatten.
3. Leave to crystallise in a cool room or briefly in the fridge.