• 330g Thick Cream 35% Fat
• 60g Whole Milk
• 30g Caster Sugar
• 1 Vanilla Pod
• 60g Egg Yolks (3-4 yolks)
• 150g Dark Chocolate, pistols or chopped
• 1 Gelatine Gold Leaf
1. Place 30g of the cream into a saucepan with the milk, caster sugar and vanilla pod and start to heat gently
2. Remove from the heat and whisk in the egg yolks, place the chocolate into a mixing bowl.
3. Reheat the saucepan and cook the custard 85C, add the soaked gelatine leaf and mix well. Strain the custard through a sieve onto the chocolate.
4. Mix well with a rubber spatula to form a smooth and shiny cream.
5. Whisk the remaining 300g of cream to semi stiff peaks and fold into the chocolate cream base.
6. Pour the mixture into serving glasses and chill
7. Garnish as required and serve.