Thai Songkran New Year celebration is rich with symbolic traditions. Performing water pouring on Buddha statues is considered an iconic ritual for this holiday. It represents purification and the washing away of one’s sins and brings good luck to everyone.
Celebrants, young and old, participate in this tradition by splashing water on each other. Traditional fashion parades are also held.
The event will showcase the Thai culture, food and all things Thai.
Sunday 2 April: Opening Ceremony, Thai Entertainment and Food Stalls.
Entertainment Programs for 2 April
– Water pouring on Buddha Statues…
– Thai Drummer Dance
– Thai Traditional Dances
– Thai Kick Boxing Show (Muay Thai)
– Thai Cooking Shows
– Thai Traditional Costume & Silk Fashion Show
– Thai Traditional Massage Show – sharing knowledge of the benefits of Thai Massage
– Thai Food Stalls
– Songkran New Year Water Splash for blessing at the end of the program (3.30pm)