Grand Pie-Nal Day
In celebration of the AFL Grand Final and the mighty MEAT PIE we’ve teamed up with our friends at Ferguson Plarre Bakehouses with a dedicated day of events and competitions, prize giveaways, live entertainment, celebrity judges and more!
10.30am Live Entertainment
11.00am Kids Party Pie Eating Divisions
11.30am Live Entertainment
1.15pm Best Dressed Footy Stall Award
1.30pm Pie Eating Competitions
Division 1 – Amateur Pie Eating Competition
Division 2 – Professional Pie Eating Competition
Over $1000 in prizes to be won PLUS best baked pie competition winners win a tour of the Ferguson Plarre Bakery with the Baker in Chief and CEO of Ferguson Plarre Bakehouses, Steve Plarre.
Kids Party Pie Eating Competition
Under 8’s and 8 –12’s. Most amount of party pies eaten in under 2 mins – entry on day. Must have parental supervision. Prizes awarded to all participants.
Amateur Pie Eating Competition – Rules and Conditions
6 Finalists will be chosen based on best time and will be contacted via Instagram once entry is received.
Entry to the Amateur Pie Eating comp will take place via uploading a video of one’s self eating a pie in under one minute to Instagram between the 1st and 28th of September. Follow @vicmarket on Instagram (so we can see your post!) and hashtag #grandpienalday, tagging @vicmarket @fergusonplarrebakehouses. Entries that fail to use these handles will be ineligible. Videos must not be edited.
Professional Eaters please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org including a list of your eating accomplishments. 6 finalists will be selected to compete in front of a live audience
- All finalists must be available to partake in the live competition at Queen Victoria Market on the Friday the 30th of September.
- Amateur competitors will be judged on how many lunch sized Ferguson Plarre meat pies they can eat in 5 mins (or first to 25)
- The professional competition will be held over 15 minutes with the winner being awarded to the person who eats the most in the the alotted time.
- Chipmunking and dunking are allowed.
- Vomiting spells disqualification and must be cleaned up by the contestant.
- Contestants will be provided with tomato sauce and water
- An ambulance service will be on hand if required.
- The prize for each division is $200 worth of Queen Victoria Market vouchers.
Pie Baking Competition has been cancelled due to a pie-thetic amount of entries 🙁