Rocco Tripodi, a regular fixture at the Market and owner of Market Juice (Stall 26, A Shed) shares his recipe for Roasted Fennel and Parsnip – a perfect accompaniment for winter meats, especially pork.
- 4 medium parsnip trimmed and peeled and chopped into medium pieces
- 4 small fennel bulbs, halved
- Fennel tops from the 4 bulbs
- 6 small shallots peeled
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- zest of one orange
- ¼ cup verjuice
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Preheat a conventional oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine Olive oil, orange juice Dijon mustard, verjuice, orange zest and mix well.
- Place fennel, parsnips and shallots in a baking dish and coat thoroughly with the orange juice, mustard, verjuice mixture. Top with some cracked pepper and salt.
- Place in oven. After about 20 minutes, toss the vegetables to ensure they are evenly coated. Cook for a further 25 minutes – or until the parsnip is roasted and the fennel and shallots are soft.